Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Dang, I'm Good!

Holy Crap I am a good writer!! How come nobody has noticed this yet? I just sat re-reading various blogs, chuckling out loud as if I’d never read them before…let alone written them, and I wonder…”Why am I not getting paid for this?” Thus begins my quest to find someone who can take my random musings and display them for money. Well…that cheapened it somehow. It sounds so tawdry when put that way…sacrificing art for cold cash. Uh, yes please. There must be some way to justify staying home with my children for the next, oh, thirty years…and writing seems so…well, easy.

And yet…here I sit…tapping on my keyboard at 2am, (which I shall surely pay for when my children arise at the crack of dawn), to no one in particular…words of wit and wisdom (or not) that no one will likely read. Well, I shouldn’t say NO one, as I believe the members of my family do check in occasionally!

Still…for what purpose do I write? Some part of it is surely the sheer joy of splattering a page with sarcastic and warped humor, and then there’s actually posting it for the ‘world’ at large, to read. I’ve given up the Cinderella hopes for ‘happily ever after’ with Prince Charming, settling instead for ‘happy most of the time as long as I don’t expect much’ with Prince self-absorbed. Um, I mean Prince mostly-charming. Why is it I’m still waiting for my fairy God-editor to appear, and with a sprinkling of eraser crumbs, propel me to the employed columnists’ ball?

Somehow that completely unrealistic fairy-tale still lives on in my naïve heart.

Ok, maybe I’m just kidding myself. Perhaps I, and my beloved family members, are deluding ourselves in seeing marketable talent in my ramblings. Maybe I don’t have the necessary skills to hone this craft to the point of sale. Besides which, I haven’t a clue where to begin.

So…once again…I sit and tap furiously on the keyboard, the sound echoing in the room like a hamster working the metal bearing in its water bottle. I will then stretch my pinkie to the far corner and hit ‘enter’, hurling another few bytes of ME into the webiverse…hoping to make contact with my fairy God-editor…or maybe just the Magical Agent with the keys to the kingdom.
Will I ever go to the ball? Better yet, will I ever get paid to write a skewed, narrow and sarcastic view of the ball??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home