Thursday, April 03, 2008

Random Musings of an 'Exercise Procrastinator'

I should be walking. I mean sweating. Or, sweating and walking, actually. Instead...I'm gleefully, guiltily tap-tap-tapping away on my keyboard, fingers-a-flurry. I KNOW I SHOULD be out there battling the bulge...and my intentions are still to make it out there yet...but for now? Call me selfish, I am reveling in the peace of a houseful of exhausted and sleeping children. I'm not ready to relinquish that yet.

Life is ticking along marginally well. I have been drawn to some fascinating reading lately and have been enjoying them immensely. Anything that can get me out of my own head would be WONDERFUL!! No more thinking in circles...the 'CYCLE' I call it...or, more appropriately, the "PSY-CHLE", lol.

I am starting to realize that I am not the sum of my negative thoughts! What a concept.

Enough of that 'deep' stuff for now though.

Today I am thankful for playgrounds. I am thankful for fenced-in tidy plots of suitably-soft-turfed structures that allow my CRAZY pre-schoolers to run wild, shrieking with abandon until they are ready to drop. Can I get an 'amen'?!

Today I am thankful for my teenager. Those days are sometimes farther apart than they should be. She's a great kid, a great help, and at times, a great challenge. She makes me work hard on working out my own issues so I can help her with hers...or maybe...just stop passing them down to her!! I'm more intent on challenging myself because of her.

Today I am thankful for sisters. I am so blessed and fortunate to have three and one sister-by-marriage! I got great news of a surprise visit next week by my youngest sister!!! YAY!!! GIRL TIME!!!! ALL THE WAY FROM NORTHERN CANADA!!! "SISTERS" will be the theme for those two weeks. Me and Laura...and Kathryn and her little sister.

Today I am thankful for the God-given ability to blurt out my thoughts in writing. Sometimes I read back the things I've written and find a bubble of out-loud-laughter breaking the silence of the room. I hope it's not self-satisfied aggrandizement that feeds that...but a genuine feeling of joy and awe that I manage to get things down in a way that I find delightful!

I should end this quickly. The road is calling...the chirrup and tweet of the night-time insects are calling me..."let's go...let's go...get going..." and I am starting to feel the pull of the sweet-scented night air. Time to turn on the MP3, blast into the past and relive the 80's. Or just bask in the symphony of night.

I'm going for a walk! Later!

K.


PS- I've now been on a walk...and instead of grabbing my MP3 player...I grabbed my neighbor! She's at home with her kids too...one crazy toddler that does insane stuff...two in and out stepsons that get into all kinds of grief...a 'tween and two teen girls that push the limits of everything all the time. Needless to say...she's got stress. So it seemed perfectly natural that at 10 o'clock at night I'm banging on her door to go for a walk-in-the-dark! It was great. Fifty minutes, 14 bug-bites, a healthy dose of commiserating and laughter...and hopefully...a pound lighter...priceless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home