Sunday, May 08, 2005

Hope and Mother's Day

I am not alone in the weblog universe! Through some mischance of fortune, someone, an unbiased stranger, (as near as I can tell, unless my mother is using an alias and being mysterious...) has read my blog!

I thank you.

That being said, I thank you as well for leaving a comment. I also thank you for leaving a positive and encouraging one! Today, life is good. It was, indeed, a pleasant and unexpected Mother's Day gift. (My husband was very excited to wake me and let me know that I had received 'A COMMENT'!) He assures me it was not him. I choose to believe that.

Happy Mother's Day out there to all devoted, or should I say enslaved, moms! All brevity aside, I wish to take a moment to thank my own mother for her years and years of devoted service to her children and family. In the end, her rewards have been mixed, as well she knows. I know, however, that her greatest joys in life are her successful (relatively?!) children who have grown up to be good God-fearing, more-or-less responsible and productive members of society. Really, all five of us are pretty darn good kids. Her legacy will live on in the lives of each of us.

I don't want to go into the many incredible sacrifices she has made for us, but just take a moment to thank her for her selflessness and consideration of her children. She is as generous and giving as one can be. She juggles much in the way of stress and burden, and yet manages to give more than her share of comfort.

In the oft-quoted words of every grinning fool squeezing unexpectedly into the background shot of a television camera, "Hi mom!"...and thanks, truly. Love you!

1 Comments:

At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A tribute to me...for all the world to see! Thank you sweet daughter. It's both a blessing and a privelege to be your mother. I love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home